PREPARED CHILDBIRTH CLASSES
The decisions that you make for your birth are probably the most important choices you’ll ever have to make! Part of your preparations for welcoming your new little one will undoubtedly be learning about your options for birth and how to best support yourself during this major life event. Childbirth education encompasses all of that and is essential to a positive and satisfying birth experience. My job is to be your guide as you explore this new territory!
Over the years I have worked with many couples just like you, those who want to know what’s available to them and how to take charge of their birth. I have watched them go from apprehensive and anxious about all the unknowns, to confident and excited for the birth of their child. I would love to be part of your journey too.
What Will You Learn?
In our group classes, we will explore many topics related to a healthy pregnancy, birth and postpartum. You can expect the following and much more:
- You will learn about your body and the changes it has to undergo to begin and finish the task of giving birth.
- You will also learn about how you can work with your body for the safest and most satisfying experience possible.
- We’ll look at routine hospital procedures and common interventions, so that you know what you can expect and when assistance might be necessary.
- We’ll cover your pain management options and you will learn ways to cope with labor that don’t involve drugs.
- During our classes, you will learn about life with a newborn and their needs. You will also learn about your own postpartum needs and how to plan for a smooth recovery and transition.
- We have an entire class dedicated to breastfeeding and there are many other topics that we cover during our time together.
When, Where and How Much?
- Our classes are held on Monday evenings and each series lasts 6 weeks. Each class session is 2 hrs long.
- We meet at: 4530 Plank Rd #111, Fredericksburg, VA 22407
- Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Date: Contact for more info
- The best time for you to take this class series is between 20-30 weeks, but you can attend at any point in your pregnancy.
- Cost: $250 per couple. Payment is due before your class series begins. If you are unsatisfied with anything about our classes after your first session, you may claim a full refund before the second session begins.