Early Labour App Policy & Terms
Birth Without Fear
Version: 28 Februari 2023
The purpose of the app is to give the target group, pregnant and birthing women and partners, tools for an emotionally safe birth.
Who is responsible for your personal information?
Birth by Heart AB, org. no. 5593158800 (”Birth Without Fear”) is the so-called ”data controller” for your personal data and we are therefore responsible for the lawfulness of what we do with your personal data, including compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). You will find our contact details at the end of this policy.
What kind of personal information do we handle?
When you disclose your personal information in any of the forms on our website or by registering as a user in our app, we get access to such. You shall not disclose personal information that you don’t want us to handle. We do not collect your personal information from any other source.
We handle the following personal information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Data from the contraction timer (stored for 72 hours)
- IP-address, language, identity of- and information on operating system
How do we handle personal information?
To be allowed to handle your personal information, the applicable data protection legislations obligate us to have a so-called “legal basis” for each of our purposes to process your personal data. For this reason, we have drafted the below table to show our legal basis for each of our purposes.
|What we do (our purpose)||Our legal basis||Storage time|
|Set-up a user account and enable log-in||Performance of our contract with you (provision of our service)||For as long as you use our service, however no longer than 3 years from the date you last used the app. You may erase your user account and all your personal information at any time via the app or by contacting us.|
|Maintain our website and app security, identify fraud||Our legitimate interest||For as long as you use our service, however no longer than 3 years from the date you last used the app. You may erase your user account and all your personal information at any time via the app or by contacting us.|
|Enable efficient use of the contraction timer by storing your times results for a period of time||Performance of our contract with you (provision of our service)||72 hours|
|We collect usage statistics. We do this for example to see which parts of the app the users visit and for how long a user visits a part. This gives us a better understanding of how users use the app and how it can be improved. We only use aggregated statistics for this purpose and cannot single out your behaviour from other users behaviour.||Consent||If you don’t want us to track your usage you may decline tracking upon creation of your user account in the app or at any time via the app.|
What rights do you have?
When we handle your personal information, you have certain rights. If you want to utilize any of your rights we ask you to contact us at email@example.com. Please remember that we can only disclose personal information if we can secure your identity.
- Right to access – You are entitled to access the personal information that we handle. You are also entitled to receive certain information about what we do with the personal information. Such information is provided in this document.
- Right to rectification – You are entitled to correct inaccurate personal information concerning you and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to erasure – You are entitled to have your personal information erased. Please note that this is not an absolute right and that we may retain your personal information in some cases, e.g. if it is required for compliance with law or for fulfilment of contract (we will only be able to erase your personal information if you have no unpaid invoices with us).
- Right to restriction of processing – You are entitled to restrict how we use your personal information. Please note that this is not an absolute right and that we may continue to process your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability – You are entitled to receive your personal information (or to have your personal information directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object – You are entitled to object to certain types of handling of personal information that we perform.
Finally, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Who has access to your personal information?
We never forward, sell, rent or trade your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our data processors:
- Birth By Heart Innovation AB (Birth Without Fear’s parent company) may come in contact with your personal information when they provide support within business development and product development or similar.
- QTE Development AB may come in contact with your personal information when they develop the app and perform tests related thereto, or when they implement tracking technology.
- Amplitude Inc. may come in contact with your personal information (IP-adress, language, identity of- and information on operating system) when they provide tracking technology.
If we share your personal information outside of the EU/EEA we require a certain legal ground under the applicable data protection legislation. Where a country is regarded by the European Commission to be a country with an adequate level of protection for personal information, this will be our legal ground. Otherwise we may only share your personal information if we ensure that there are sufficient technical- and organizational security measures in place and that the standard data protection clauses for transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EA/EEA is signed (click here for the complete standard data protection clauses).
- The app is based on a free version, where you get to experience all the cornerstones of the Birth Without Fear method completely free of charge. Through sound, video, images, the user gets the opportunity to attend courses and practice the tools.
- The app also contains the opportunity to be guided in all the tools of the Birth Without Fear method, and thus our own prophylaxis course. The course is offered online through the app, and costs SEK 999 per year.
- Name on auto-renewing subscription: Föda Utan Rädsla profylaxkurs and thus the same as the product name
- Lenght on the subscription: 12 months
- Price of subscription: 999 SEK
- You can restore your purchase through the app/in the store for the app.
How do I contact you?
Birth by Heart AB, Karmstolsvägen 17, 12245, Enskede